I bought my wife a G11 for her birthday and we have decided that it is time to get it wet - in a housing though!
I have done a search on here and i have found several articles on housings and it seems there are 3 choices (?) -if they are more let me know!
OEM
Fisheye
Ikelite
I did hear rumours of a 10 bar Aluminium housing for the G11 did this happen?
i am ok for strobes it will be YS-110 or another Z240 for the whichever housing - an option for electrical TTl would be nice also.....
any ideas
Thanks.
it is a coincidence ..... i too am looking for a G11 housing; that my husband bought me....
I am new on wetpixel and any advice is greatly appreciated!!
Really want to get underwater with my own camera!!
Just bought my wife a Fix G11 housing. Not got it wet yet but seems a very nice piece of kit.
Balrog,
How are the buttons labelled - is it an adhesive sticker or is each button labelled?
Who did you buy it from?
thanks..
Hi Alistair - You are right in your suspicions, the buttons are not labelled.
There is a less than perfect sticker measuring 35 x 16mm which is not much more than an aide' memoire for the buttons on the rear face. Nothing for the top controls or the rear command dial.
I think you need to spend an hour on the sofa getting used to the controls. You probably only need 2 or 3 buttons shooting manual with a TTL strobe (note that the port casts a shadow from the internal strobe). If Fran has a problem I'm planning to apply a spot of coloured Tippex to the mission critical buttons.
I got it from someone very local to me and on this forum, who deals in another manufacturer's housings. Not 100% sure if it was a favour or whether he is willing to more generally supply Fix. - I'll get back to you on that.
Tim.
Just heard back from Dr Alex Tattersall (Alsky72 on here) and he is happy to arrange something should you wish. Fairly sure he doesn't hold any Fix stock but if you are local to Poole you are welcome to pop by and have a handle of our housing.
Alex is a University lecturer but trades PT as UnderWaterVisions http://www.uwvisions.com/ with the prime area of Nauticam UK main agent.
We met him on one of the other Dr Alex's Red Sea Workshops. Very helpful chap and excellent UW photog.
Tim,
Thanks for the reply, help and link. i think i am pretty settled on the fisheye housing..
I will get in touch with Alex directly. would love to see the housing but as i am in the UAE at moment it is a bit far Cheers for the offer. if you are ever over here or near Oman for diving get in touch.