Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Who Makes the Sealife DC800 Camera?

Started by ngineer ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Who Makes the Sealife DC800 Camera?

2 posts
  1. I was wondering if anybody knows who makes the Sealife DC800 camera? I have a Sealife housing for that camera and I would like to buy a replacement camera for it. I sure somebody like Canon or Sony makes the camera for Sealife. I know Sealife makes a replacement camera, but I was just wondering of anybody knows what company makes the camera and what model it is. Thanks!

  2. Back in the DC500 days, it used to be Vivitar. I distinctly remember a discussion somewhere (I believe Scubaboard, although I hate to throw them any traffic) about reflashing a Vivitar camera to think it was a replacement DC500. Don't know if there's a current equivalent to the 800 and 1k cameras though.

     

    I also recall there were posts from Sealife employees to the effect that their housings were only warranted with their cameras. Take it for what it's worth. They did sell reconditioned cameras sometimes as replacements as well. Can't hurt to ask.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.