Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

F/N80 Adapter for Aquatica D100 housing

Started by mondo ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

F/N80 Adapter for Aquatica D100 housing

2 posts
  1. Hi All

     

    Being reasonably new here, I have trawled through the history of postings in the DSLR forum before I shoot away questions

     

    Being a reasonably recent convert to the D100, I currently own an F80S. This is housed in a Sea & Sea housing. For OS trips, to minimise the weight, it would be nice to take both cameras and only one housing.

     

    Mauricio posted in a previous topic

     

    They (Aquatica) have/are considering the development of certain products that will add value to existing housings- a good example is making the N80 fit the D100 housing. For now and until further notice, this is just that. An idea. Research and development costs money. The N80 was never targeted for a housing in the first place because it is relatively a cheap camera, so to dedicate resources today to modify an Aquatica D100 housing for this specific camera has been considered but it has not been given the green light.

     

    I wonder if this was ever given the green light?

     

    If not, has any other Aquatica D100 (or S2) user ever tried and got an attachment made up? How about with use of the optional battery pack?

     

    Be interested to hear other's results

     

    Thanks

     

    Des

  2. Good question Des. I don't think that Aquatica has ever made up a production "block."

     

    You should try by purchasing the MB-16, then measuring, and fitting it to an acrylic or wooden block.

     

    Cheers

    James

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.