Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ewa Marine Housings

Started by dewie ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Ewa Marine Housings

3 posts
  1. This is my first topic and I need some advice!

     

    I am going to Borneo in October, part of which includes a stay on Lankayan Island. The marine wildlife is meant to be fantastic there and I have been advised to take an underwater housing for my camera (a Nikon D300s). The only housings I can afford are the ewa marine range and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience of them. It would only be for snorkelling, and I would be using a Nikon D300s with either an 18-55mm lens or a Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro lens.

     

    Thanks

     

    Oscar :D

  2. I would not take my D200 in the ocean in a EWA bag. In my opinion, it is a good rain coat for top side.

    Besides, it is not worth the risk considering the quality of images you'll get snorkeling!

  3. EWAbags is absolutely fine for snorkeling. EWA has a really bad rep for diving, which to some extent might be warranted. However, for snorkeling, EWA´s are prefectly OK.

     

    Best regards

     

    Bent

    Edited by Bent C
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.