Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

North Sulawesi

Started by dareksepiolo ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

North Sulawesi

13 posts
  1. Just short clip from my last trip to North Sulawesi.

     

     

    Shot with Sony EX1 and nanoFlash.

    Edited by dareksepiolo
  2. Really nice work, Darek. Well done.

  3. Fantastic! I really enjoyed! :D

  4. Yes very nice job with some cool shots of those Frog fish feeding.

    Nice slow and steady too or though I think you might of had some help from you NLE there.

    Well done. :D

  5. That was lovely Darek... VidSLR video's PAH!!!! :D ... Some narration would have topped it nicely however the footage was awesome and really great to see the Ex1 at work ...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  6. Nice work Darek. The shots of Bunaken in particular were better than anything I managed to get while I was there and the frogfish from Lembeh were awesome. How come everyone else seems to find the 'pretty' hairy frogfish and I just end up finding the ugly ones??!

     

    A couple of the macro shots were a little soft around the edges - what diopter were you using?

     

    Great stuff ! :D

  7. Thank you ;)

     

    Wagsy, I did use twice slow motion and smoothcam. Most of the shots in Lembeh were shot with tripod.

     

    Simon, I have custom made housing with dome port so once using diopter and full zoom on EX1 I'm getting the soft edges. I use +5 diopter set from Raynox. The problem is the dome port. I should use flat one but it's fixed and I can't change it.

  8. Very nicely done Darek. Good pacing with your editing too.

     

    What tripod did you use?

  9. Thank you Nick. I've got custom made tripod. Simply 3 flash arms attached to the bottom of my housing.

  10. Darek

    Very nice color grading on the natural light shots. Just a question:

    The color grading for the wider shots from 1:18 - 1:36 had too much red/magenta and looks unnatural. In the Sea Whip shot, you can see the particles shooting past the camera are red. The Ellisella sp. shot is skewed toward magenta. Is that by choice?

    FYI @ 2:17 There is a little vignetting on the wide shot of the 2 A. Striatus.

    Nice work.

    Edited by Drew
  11. Now stop being picky Professor Drew.

     

    I'm very jealous of all those other locations you have shot at... ;)

    Great work.

  12. Well Wags, a guy who has an EX1 as an underwater rig is, I assume, more likely to want to know these things.

    Edited by Drew
  13. Drew, you're right I used both lights and white balance so the Sea Whip shot is a bit unnatural. Made the clip on laptop on my way back home. Thanks for advice I'll correct the magenta cast in the final document.

    The vignetting is a problem once I use the EX1 lens with diopters up to c 40mm. That shot was probably at 38mm and I missed the vignetting in the viewfinder having my monitor down on that dive. It's a custom made setup and sometimes it's not that easy to work with.

     

    Wagsy, I feel pretty lucky to have the opportunity to travel a lot.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.