Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

housing for T2i ???

Started by vogangel ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

housing for T2i ???

10 posts
  1. Hello!

     

    My name is Angelika and Im new to this forum. I would like to start playing with underwater photography and photography in general. I need some advice that would help me make the right decision ;)

    I have Rebel T2i and Ive started to look for an underwater housing for it. Im petite in size and would prefer a small housing for my camera. Im looking to spend up to $2500-3000 for the housing, but preferably less. The only housing I did hold in my hands was Hugyfot and I quite liked it. However, I would like to now if anybody could recommend something else worth checking that would be also of good quality.

    Is it possible to buy a used Hugyfot from a reliable source? where should I look?

    I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you :D

     

    Angelika

  2. Hello!

     

    My name is Angelika and Im new to this forum. I would like to start playing with underwater photography and photography in general. I need some advice that would help me make the right decision ;)

    I have Rebel T2i and Ive started to look for an underwater housing for it. Im petite in size and would prefer a small housing for my camera. Im looking to spend up to $2500-3000 for the housing, but preferably less. The only housing I did hold in my hands was Hugyfot and I quite liked it. However, I would like to now if anybody could recommend something else worth checking that would be also of good quality.

    Is it possible to buy a used Hugyfot from a reliable source? where should I look?

    I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you :D

     

    Angelika

     

     

    I have the nauticam housing, and I am very pleased with it. It fits the camera well, and buttons are very intuitive. Fiber optic sync. Overall a great system for the price

  3. I have the nauticam housing, and I am very pleased with it. It fits the camera well, and buttons are very intuitive. Fiber optic sync. Overall a great system for the price

     

    I have the nauticam for T2i as well (as a secondary/girlfriend housing, primary is a seacam for 1ds3), and i am very very pleased !

  4. I say go with the Nauticam. They have a good service record and I would imagine have more support in the states than Hugyfot. I think Nauticam also has incredibly ergonomic housings.

  5. I am also in the Nauticam camp. My wife has recently moved from a G-9 to the Rebel T2i and we chose the Nauticam housing for her. The housing is relatively small, easy to handle and very user friendly.

     

    Your profile lists Florida as your location; one of the suppliers of the Nauticam housing is also located in Florida. Check out Reef Photo & Video, in Ft Lauderdale - that is where we purchased our housings.

  6. Another vote for Nauticam! Check out REEF PHOTO & VIDEO in Ft. Lauderdale....don't think they carry Hugyfot, but it's a good place to checkout the different housings in person and they have good service/support for the housings they do carry.

     

    Best of luck and welcome to Wetpixel!

  7. With your budget, definitely stick with an aluminum housing. Compact, robust and ergonomic. Id be considering the Nauticam and the Aquatica T2i housings. Both are very compact, ergonomic, easy to get, and great service from the manufacturers. The Nauticam retails for $2500 and the Aquatica at $1999. Ports are very similarly priced.

  8. Iam just stepping into the DSLR housing market. Can anyone point me to a housing for the 500d/t1i?

     

    With your budget, definitely stick with an aluminum housing. Compact, robust and ergonomic. Id be considering the Nauticam and the Aquatica T2i housings. Both are very compact, ergonomic, easy to get, and great service from the manufacturers. The Nauticam retails for $2500 and the Aquatica at $1999. Ports are very similarly priced.
  9. I say go with the Nauticam. They have a good service record and I would imagine have more support in the states than Hugyfot. I think Nauticam also has incredibly ergonomic housings.
    Edited by vogangel
  10. Thank you for all your responses! I greatly appreciate your input. I do agree that support is very important and that it would be easier with Nauticam in USA. I was looking into Hugufot only because it is equiped with "HugyCheck" - the pre-dive vacuum system. I definitely dont want to flood my camera and that is why I have been looking around for some extra safety system. I will try to look some more into Nauticam before I make my final decision :) Thank you everybody for all your responses- I trust your experience! :)

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.