I need some help. I quite clueless as to the consumer digicam market. However, now that the hubby is taking interest in UW photography, but doesn't want to go the SLR route (I guess he thinks its enough having to help me schlepp a ton of heavy gear) I am on the lookout for a good P&S kit.
What I'm looking for is:
- Optical viewfinder with adjustable diopter - the hubby has a really hard time seeing digital screens and stange as it might seem, does much better with optiocal viewfinders.
- Ability to set Apeture, shutterspeed and ISO manually on external controls without having to go flip through and read a bunch a menus on screen.
- Wide, close focusing lens.
- HD video.
We are considering the upcoming Canon G12, mainly because of the viewfinder and nice external controls which he likes. But I am a little hesitant about that 28mm lens. I was really hoping for something a little wider. Also, I thought these things came with 1080p video these days, I was a little surprised top see 720p - however that is of secondary importance.
Any suggestions for the "dream kit" would be greatly appreciated!
Marjo