Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

CS$ Bridge problems

Started by John Bantin ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

CS$ Bridge problems

7 posts
  1. I have had CS4 with Bridge loaded on my Macbook Pro computer since it came out. I also had CS3 and Bridge 3 loaded alongside it. I've been using both for years.

     

    Last week both versions of Bridge started playing up. At first they would load partial thumbnails but eventually they would both load up without revealing any thumbnails.

     

    So I got rid of CS3 thinking there might be a conflict. No joy.

     

    So I loaded on a new operating system (Leopard). (I have had Leopard to load since it first came out and loaded it on to my desk-top Macs but never got round to the Macbook Pro.) I then reloaded CS4.

     

    Bridge then worked perfectly for about a day but by Monday of this week, it again would not reveal any thumbnails.

     

    I was about to buy Lightroom when, yesterday, I demonstrated to a friend the Bridge problem - and it worked perfectly.

     

    Doh!

     

    This problem has only arisen since I updated Safari.

     

    Any ideas? 'cos I haven't got a clue!

     

    (it was telling I hit the $ sign key rather than the 4 when I wrote the Thread title!)

    Edited by John Bantin
  2. Suppose you could try a PC John - then bugger all would work......

     

    Paul C

     

    < sorry to be of no help >

  3. Yeah, all PCs just work, I hear.

     

    post-2-1285229379.jpg

     

    John -- try this thread?

    http://forums.adobe.com/message/2139652

     

     

    Thanks Eric

     

    That was really useful.

     

    Aren't some people rude on forums? (not this one - unless I mention Nancy Pelosi!).

     

    At the moment, all is well so I am going to leave well alone - because I am an intellectual desert when it comes to IT.

     

    JB

  4. Just update your software and camera raw ACR. Then purge the cache and hope it rebuilds correctly. Intermittent issues means corruption at some level. I managed to stay away from Adobe Bridge until I started using Premiere Pro again. Also repair permissions on the OS.

  5. I did all that. I wonder if it indicates the hard drive is on its last legs.

  6. Gosh! It's been behaving itself for almost a week now! (Thank goodness.)

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.