Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Cocos Island

Started by Sander Wind ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Cocos Island

6 posts
  1. Hello all!

     

    Here's my video from Cocos Island last June.

     

    I just started shooting video so helpful comments are more than welcome. I use a Sony HC9 camera in a Gates Housing.

     

    Thanks!

     

     

    [vimeohd]15226616[/vimeohd]

  2. My absolute favorite place to dive for large marine pelagics and am going for my 12th time there next July, 2011. Nicely done.

    Steve

  3. My absolute favorite place to dive for large marine pelagics and am going for my 12th time there next July, 2011. Nicely done.

    Steve

     

    I second Steve, Cocos is by far my favorite place, and like Steve, I'm returning for my 7th time next July 2011. Your video reflected much that the island has to offer. In fact, I just finished editing footage from my 6th journey to this most amazing place late last night, and I can readily appreciate the hard work, focus and attention to detail that went into your video. Great job and thanks for sharing.

    Dan

  4. Good to hear you liked it. Thanks!

     

    I really enjoyed diving at Cocos too. I especially like the action and the fact that anything can turn up.

     

    I didn't see any fishing boats there, but knowing they are around pisses me off. It's sad to know that places like Cocos are being destroyed by us humans.

     

    Sander

  5. Nice video!! Cocos is my favorite dive destination, and this year was the first year since 2007 that I have not been there. good job!

  6. The milky purple tinted water in your footage can only be from one place. I loved diving Cocos and would love to return to dive there again one day. I have loads of very special memories from my trip there. Every time I see any footage or photos from Cocos the hairs on my body tingle.

     

    Thanks for sharing

     

    Stew

    Edited by stewsmith
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.