Sorry to be such a neophyte with this question... but I am totally confused about the meaning of some terms and how they relate!
Ok. Here's the question...
How does a WA zoom (like a 12-24) differ from a fisheye? And please define 'rectilinear' cuz I know it will be a term that will be used!
And can someone tell me what we might see different between shots taken with a Nikonos w/15mm WA lens and a DSLR with either the WA zoom or fisheye?
Thanks so much all you very smart people!
(Any photographic knowledge I had while using an SLR many years ago has disappeared from the brain )
A fisheye is an ultrawide (weitwinkel) angle lens that allows you to get exceptionally close to your subjects. It has the tendency to "bend" subjects at the edges - you can see quote a noticeable concave curve on each side, and any straight lines in that zone will appear unnatural.
A rectilinear wide angle also tends to be wide angle to very wide angle, but keeps the straight lines at the edges with a high degree of faithfulness.