This is a short video of some summer diving around Vancouver Island, B.C. These are some of my first dives using lights and unfortunately this time of year the water has a LOT of clutter in it which can be a bit distracting.
A few interesting experiences in this video, one being the octopus that my friend caught while jigging as I was returning from a dive. We released it asap and it stuck to the bottom of the boat and then eventually swam away. The other was the baby seal pup that came to say hello as we were coming up through the shallows. It was very young and still had the umbilical cord hanging out which you can see in the vid.
Feel free to comment
Thanks
Kelly
[vimeohd]15506187[/vimeohd]
Hi Kelly
Great job with the camera there.
What were you using?
Maybe play about with colour correction in your NLE to fix some of the shots.
Thanks Wagsy,
Shooting with a Sony XR-500/L&M Stingray G2+ and Sunray 1200's purchased through your fellow Queenslander.
Still learning the ropes with CS5 but I am touching up some of the colors as we speak!
Thanks again,
Kelly
O so you got the setup from over here?
Was in his shop just the other day.
How does CS5 handle the raw AVCHD codec or do you have to convert to another codec to make it easy to edit?
No I ordered the new setup through him, I worked on Taka a while back.
CS5 has been great so far, no conversion needed, its my new Asus laptop that has given me trouble. Video card problem so the old girl must go in for repairs!
Maybe a Mac was the way to go..but I think I just got a lemon with this Asus because I know others that LOVE theirs.
Were you the video pro on Taka or staff on the boat?
Yes in this day and age it does not matter what brand you buy, they all can have their hicups.
Maybe it was made on a Friday.
I take it it has a dedicated graphics card in it?
I got a i5 ASUS here, edits stuff pretty easy.
Ya thats the truth no doubt! I did the vid work on Taka which I miss dearly!
This one is the I7 and it does have a dedicated Radeon graphics card, from what I understand CS5 works much better with Nvidia graphics but I have not had any issues with editing. It is only when reviewing clips or even watching you tube videos that the screen will go white or black and lose all control. I use the computer for work so it makes it hard to send back for repair when Asus CAN NOT give any sort of time frame of return.
What NLE are you using?
You would of had some neat dives on Taka no doubt.
Have you got the ability to set the power settings for graphics on that one.
This one I can run on the integrated graphics for low end work but switch to the 1 gig dedicated one when doing heavily work.
Maybe it was a driver/software problem...whatever it still sucks you got no machine.