Hey guys... this is WAY off topic, but if anyone has an old digital point and shoot (like a 990 or something) that they would like to offload, let me know.
I've got an 11 year old girl who is just "DYING" to find her eye as a photographer, but she isnt ready for a DSLR yet. She has a small budget to work from, but thought someone here might have an old camera they dont use anymore.
Check this out. It's a single-use digital for $10.99. I just bought one and I'm trying to get the wires of a USB line connected to the pinouts so I can download the images and clear the memory. Even if you don't want to fool with hacking it, it might be worth a try. You can get them at most Ritz camera stores.
This looks very interesting. I will go pick one of these up over the weekend and play around with hacking into it. This would enable her to spend her money on some photography books and things too.
Let's continue this discussion and report progress and frustrations. The website says it takes 10 hours to transfer the images, which seems overly excessive considering the amount of data cant be that big. I wonder if anyone else out there has tried to hack the camera?