Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 15mm vs Nikon 16mm

Started by blueoceandream ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 15mm vs Nikon 16mm

3 posts
  1. I'm in the market for a fisheye for my d700. At this point I'm leaning toward the sigma because the focus distance on the Nikon isn't as attractive. Does anyone have any input on these two lens and or which is better. I've never owned a non-nikon lens and I'm concerned about the sharpness and overall quality with sigma.

     

    Any thoughts will be appreciated.

     

    Adam

    http://www.blueoceandream.com

  2. There are already threads relating to this point. Search for Alex Mustard's commentary on these 2 lenses. I read it but do not recall the title. He discusses the close focus point you raise and more.

  3. The Sigma 15mm is the sharpest lens I own, wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.