Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Zoom gear for Tokina10-17+Kenko1.4 on S&S housing

Started by shchae ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Zoom gear for Tokina10-17+Kenko1.4 on S&S housing

9 posts
  1. Hi,

    Is anybody using Tokina10-17mm + Kenko 1.4 on Sea&Sea Canon 5dMkII ?

    and I would like to know what zoom gear is used.

     

    I purchased FIT zoom gear & it won't work on Canon as it has auto-manual

    button while Nikon version has not.

     

    Sam

  2. The Auto/Manual button is a piece of cake to remove... Set it to Auto, back out the two screws, and throw it in a zip loc bag for when you sell the lens.

  3. The Auto/Manual button is a piece of cake to remove... Set it to Auto, back out the two screws, and throw it in a zip loc bag for when you sell the lens.

     

    Hi Ryan,

    Thanks !! I should try !

    Sam

    Edited by shchae
  4. What FIT gear have you got. I would like to use a zoom gear with the same body/housing as you with the 1.4TC, but having looked at the FIT catalogue am still unclear as to which gear is required.

     

    Stew

  5. I am learning it in hard way too. According to Divevison, there is only one type

    of zoom gear for Tokina10-17+Kenko1.4 for S&S housing and same product

    covers both, Canon & Nikon type. but, I had a problem to put it on Canon type

    & I will try to remove the button & let you know how it work.

     

    Sam

  6. I am learning it in hard way too. According to Divevison, there is only one type

    of zoom gear for Tokina10-17+Kenko1.4 for S&S housing and same product

    covers both, Canon & Nikon type. but, I had a problem to put it on Canon type

    & I will try to remove the button & let you know how it work.

     

    Sam

     

    Any clues what it is?

     

    Stew

  7. The Auto/Manual button is a piece of cake to remove... Set it to Auto, back out the two screws, and throw it in a zip loc bag for when you sell the lens.

    Auto-Manual button is removed & FIT gear now works fine. Thanks for thr tip.

     

    Sam

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.