Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lightroom for Web Galleries?

Started by Andy Morrison ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Lightroom for Web Galleries?

6 posts
  1. Is anyone using Lightroom to build galleries for their website? I use one of the HTML templates to build hidden galleries for magazine submissions but want to rebuild my website using one of the Flash templates. Problem is you can't edit the type and font within LR which is a drawback. There are some templates floating around but I haven't found one I like- anyone using any of those? If I can't find something I guess I'll be forced to learn Flash, which I'd like to learn anyway, but I'd rather not spend the money on the program right now.

  2. Tried it, didn't like the effect Andy felt far too clonkey.

     

    Went over to Jalbum which is free and pretty easy to figure out (and uses flash in some guises).

     

    Examples of galleries on my site.

     

    Paul C

     

    P.S.

     

    The only thing that I got nailed on is that when Jalbum down-sampled my large JPG files it also added quite a bit of sharpening and I did not care for the artefacts it generated.

     

    Got around that with a Photoshop action to batch down sample them myself.

    Edited by PRC
  3. This got posted twice during a power out - can some mod delete it please.

     

    Ta

    Edited by PRC
  4. Thanks guys. I'll take a look at both. I like the ease of building the galleries in LR, just wish for a bit more control.

  5. Just answered my own question kind of. I was able to edit the font and type size by opening the style sheet in Dreamweaver. Problem is it's kind of tedious, but it is doable.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.