Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

nauticam 4.33" dome? any users out there?

Started by pmerc ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

nauticam 4.33" dome? any users out there?

4 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    I'm faced with a few new decisions since hoping into the dslr world. Thank you to all of those members who have already answered a few of my newbie questions. I have an additional one for users of nauticam's new 4.33" mini dome.

    Any opinions of it? I'm aware of a number of the pros and cons of using mini domes in general already so I am more interested in specifics of this one in particular.

    How are you using it (*which lens? TC, etc.)?

    Any have you compared it to any other domes especially the smaller domes available?

    Thanks in advance.

     

    Cheers,

    Phil

  2. Hi Phil,

     

    I have used the new Aquatica mini-dome on trip to date which was to Sri Lanka to dive the HMS Hermes, It was used with a 5D MKII and the Canon 15mm Fish Eye and also the fisheye with a Kenko 1.4x teleconverter and I found it useful for the trip light weight and smaller volume then the 8" dome port.

     

    It is not suitable for lenses other than the fisheye (you will get horrible edge distortions). So it all comes down to what lens you have and what you want to do. Here is a link to the photos from the trip.

     

    http://www.mattiovaska.com/layout/0001/gallery_view.cfm?g=92

     

    regards

     

    Matti

  3. Thanks Matt!

  4. Phil,

     

    i think i may splash out for that too, for CFWA work. Maybe a christmas present to myself...

     

    Olly

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.