Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

G11 Ikelite Housing Flash Question

Started by Jasoncassanova ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

G11 Ikelite Housing Flash Question

3 posts
  1. I have read somewhere that the internal flash of the camera is useless when it's inside the Ikelite housing, if I remember it right, something is blocking the way of the internal flash. Anyway, since I haven't bought a strobe yet and I'll be planning to do some night diving soon, would it be better if I turn off the flash of the camera while being under and just rely on the dive lights that me and my friends have?

     

     

    Jason.

  2. Try it out, but i guess that it will give ugly shadows because the internal strobe hit the port.You may better should rely on a dive light and bu a external strobe asap.

    Chris

  3. You might get some OK macro shots using internal flash + diffuser. Without the diffuser You'll have most light on the left side of the frame and right side will stay quie a bit darker.

    With a flaslight You can get some really interesting results. Useing it creatively You can get similar results as useing a snoot on an external strobe (that is if the flashlights beam is not very wide).

     

    Cheers

    Karel

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.