Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Double Handle Tray

Started by Jasoncassanova ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Double Handle Tray

4 posts
  1. Today my Ikelite housing for the G11 came and that together with a double handle tray, as I was trying to mount the housing onto the double handle tray I realized that I could move the housing off center and move it towards the right side handle a couple of inch near it. I did this because I can hold on to the handle and at the same time without letting go, I can use my pointing finger to trigger the shutter button level. Is this advisable? Is it best to just place it dead center and just move my hand away from the handle when shooting?

     

    Jason.

  2. My housing is placed in the centre and I can reach the shutter without a problem. I think the most important part is that You can operate You'r camera comfortably.

    If it's not placed in the centre and You use two strobes, then one of them will be slightly closer to the camera than the other. But it will be such a small distance that i doubt it will make any difference...

    Just my 2 cents.

     

    Cheers

    Karel

  3. My housing is placed in the centre and I can reach the shutter without a problem. I think the most important part is that You can operate You'r camera comfortably.

    If it's not placed in the centre and You use two strobes, then one of them will be slightly closer to the camera than the other. But it will be such a small distance that i doubt it will make any difference...

    Just my 2 cents.

     

    Cheers

    Karel

     

    Thanks! I will keep this in mind :drink: Is there anyway I can see your underwater set-up/rig? Seems like we both have the same housing though I'm not sure about the camera though.

     

    Jason.

  4. I take back this question, I just found out that if you try to take out the camera when the housing is in a double handle try, one of the locks closer to the handle wouldn't be opened fully.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.