Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Transport

Started by Jasoncassanova ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Transport

4 posts
  1. Is it okay to place your camera the night before a dive inside the housing and travel? or is it okay that you don't take the camera out of the housing yet after a dive and just wait for the time being until i get back home? my travel time from the dive site to my place would be two hours max

  2. Is it okay to place your camera the night before a dive inside the housing and travel? or is it okay that you don't take the camera out of the housing yet after a dive and just wait for the time being until i get back home? my travel time from the dive site to my place would be two hours max

     

    I almost always assemble my camera the night before, it means I can take my time.

     

    I also leave it in the housing until I have taken it home and given it a good wash, and let it dry properly. When diving in the UK, I can have total travel time of around 4 hours to get home (1.5 hours on the boat, 2.5 hrs in the car). I keep my rig in a cool bag, so it is not in direct sun, and the salt doesn't dry on it.

     

    When on a dive trip, it gets a rinse at the end of the day, and I will only open it to change batteries/cards/lenses. Whenever I disturb an O-ring I clean it and very lightly lube it.

  3. I almost always assemble my camera the night before, it means I can take my time.

     

    I also leave it in the housing until I have taken it home and given it a good wash, and let it dry properly. When diving in the UK, I can have total travel time of around 4 hours to get home (1.5 hours on the boat, 2.5 hrs in the car). I keep my rig in a cool bag, so it is not in direct sun, and the salt doesn't dry on it.

     

    When on a dive trip, it gets a rinse at the end of the day, and I will only open it to change batteries/cards/lenses. Whenever I disturb an O-ring I clean it and very lightly lube it.

     

    got it! thanks :)

  4. I almost always assemble my camera the night before, it means I can take my time.

     

    I also leave it in the housing until I have taken it home and given it a good wash, and let it dry properly. When diving in the UK, I can have total travel time of around 4 hours to get home (1.5 hours on the boat, 2.5 hrs in the car). I keep my rig in a cool bag, so it is not in direct sun, and the salt doesn't dry on it.

     

    When on a dive trip, it gets a rinse at the end of the day, and I will only open it to change batteries/cards/lenses. Whenever I disturb an O-ring I clean it and very lightly lube it.

     

    My choice as well. :)

    Edited by Cary Dean

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.