Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Tamron 17-50mm VC?

Started by peterclark ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Tamron 17-50mm VC?

1 posts
  1. This winter I plan to go snorkeling with some manatees, but I currently only have a 60mm macro for underwater on my Canon 7D with an Ikelite housing. Obviously I need something a LOT wider for manatees, so have been looking at some of the 15mm lenses out there. I am wondering though...since I already have the Tamron 17-50mm VC f/2.8 for use on land, would that work ok for underwater? I'm assume if I got the right dome port I could at least get it working, but would it work well? I don't have much money to spend, thus if I don't have to get another lens then that would be best.

     

    And I am assuming that 17mm on a cropped sensor wouldn't be wide enough for a good over/under, correct? That is an eventual goal of mine, and if I could get that shot with manatees that would be amazing.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.