Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

what is this

Started by stewsmith ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

what is this

6 posts
  1. This was in the spare o ring and o ring grease bag that come with my new housing. Any idea what it is. I was thinking maybe it is for tightenijng and untightening the camera base plate?

     

    Stew

    post-5742-1287926768.jpg

  2. I was thinking maybe it is for tightenijng and untightening the camera base plate? Stew

     

    Right on.

  3. Right on.

     

     

    Maybe you can use it for removing your O-ring from housing. If I am right it has sharp end on the other side (side you are blocking with your fingers on the picture)! I have similar tool for that purpose!

     

    Cheers

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alexx
  4. Your guess is correct, it is for tightening the base to the camera.

     

    Mike

  5. Maybe you can use it for removing your O-ring from housing. If I am right it has sharp end on the other side (side you are blocking with your fingers on the picture)! I have similar tool for that purpose!

     

    Cheers

     

    Alex

    NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Never use sharp metal to remove an o-ring; may damage the o-ring or the groove.

    Bob

  6. Maybe you can use it for removing your O-ring from housing. If I am right it has sharp end on the other side (side you are blocking with your fingers on the picture)! I have similar tool for that purpose!

     

    Cheers

     

    Alex

     

    As Deep6 has cautioned, don't use this to remove O-rings. You should have an O-Ring remover in your package; a yellow piece of plastic. Otherwise, you can use your credit to remove O-rings.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.