Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Best place to get a 300D in Singapore

Started by Plyschmannen ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Best place to get a 300D in Singapore

3 posts
  1. I just flooded my ixus, and though I might jump on the DSLR-band wagon. I am in Thailand right now, but I may be able to do a short trip down to Singapore to pick up a Canon 300D. Now I got a price suggestion from Bargain city, the price for the body and the lens for 1750SGD. The problem is that they do not accept credit cards, and paypal is another 4% and wiring money is a major hassle (and usualy expensive aswell). The of course there is the postage and insurance ...

     

    Anyway, I have a friend who lives in Singapore right now. I do not want him to go through the whole price argueing, or trying to find the lowest price. So my question is, are there shops you can say phone to, and pay by creditcard, and then have someone come pick it up later? If not, where should I go to find the best price for the camera (and 512meg flashcard)?

     

    /Bjorn

  2. email Cathay Camera for a quote, they have them in stock.

     

    Here

  3. Let me chime in on top of Cybergoldfish's suggestion. I got my Fuji S2 at Cathay, along with a 12-24 and a bunch of other stuff. They were very easy to deal with, nice people. Availability and prices of everything I needed was confirmed by email before I got there. And they do take credit cards. (They prefer VISA.)

     

    Robert Delfs

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.