Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Shooting Continously

Started by Jasoncassanova ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Shooting Continously

6 posts
  1. Do any of you use this feature in their camera's when shooting something that is moving fast? Last weekend I saw two fishes that are not of the same kind but has the distinct colors and they were moving really fast but staying in one place, I mean it was their way of swimming but to me it was more of wiggling. couldn't take any decent photos of them so I thought to myself if I had the settings on continuous shooting mode then probably I would have taken a decent pic... let's say one out of ten ;)

  2. Yes in ambient light with quick subjects such as dolphin.

     

    Not so easy if strobes are involved due to charge time, if the strobes are not on full dump then you may get two or three shots off before the lights go out.

     

    Paul C

  3. Yup! Paul's right: this only works in ambient light ie near the surface, so colourful fish need to be in the top 10'/3m. Shutter speed is just as important, so for a small fish you may end up with a poor depth of field if you are using a "tight" lens. The technique works best with "fast" wide-angle lenses.

     

    Tim

     

    ;)

  4. Yup! Paul's right: this only works in ambient light ie near the surface, so colourful fish need to be in the top 10'/3m. Shutter speed is just as important, so for a small fish you may end up with a poor depth of field if you are using a "tight" lens. The technique works best with "fast" wide-angle lenses.

     

    Tim

     

    ;)

     

     

    okay, so my problem with getting blurred images of fast moving/wiggly critters is because I lack strobes?

  5. okay, so my problem with getting blurred images of fast moving/wiggly critters is because I lack strobes?

     

    If you are using close-up or macro lenses, then, probably, yes. It's annoying, but there it is: it's all explained really well in Martin Edge's "The Underwater Photographer", which has chapters on ambient light , close-up and macro shooting, as well as lots of other top-notch information.

     

    Tim

     

    ;)

  6. If you are using close-up or macro lenses, then, probably, yes. It's annoying, but there it is: it's all explained really well in Martin Edge's "The Underwater Photographer", which has chapters on ambient light , close-up and macro shooting, as well as lots of other top-notch information.

     

    Tim

     

    ;)

     

    I think i'll buy that book now ^_^

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.