Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Accessory clip-on bags?

Started by echeng ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Accessory clip-on bags?

4 posts
  1. Hey guys. I am wondering if any of you have suggestions for clip-on accessory bags for things like filters, diffusers, etc. I dive a backplate with no pockets and need somewhere to store things. Bags that fit over nylon webbing might work as well, but I think I'd prefer a bag that just clips onto a d-ring...

  2. Hi Eric,

    I dive in a wing too, so have the same problem.

    If you dont use a weight belt try that...or if your weight belt is full, try and get one a bit bigger and move weights more to the back and side leaving the front ones for your gadgets.

     

    A guy called Simon Rodgers in the UK, AKA "Bowstone" makes pockets for divers for a living, he can make anything to your design, or has plenty of options on his site http://www.bowstonediving.com/

     

    He made me a webbing system to my design so I can clip my housing to the 2 shoulder D rings, and have one still attached with a coil cord, very useful. He charges very little for this service too and is superb in customer interaction to make sure he gets it right

  3. Same deal, I dive a backplate and wing.

     

    I either have pockets on my wetsuit/drysuit which work well but do require pockets for each suit that you dive

     

    http://www.halcyon.net/node/31

     

    Alternatively if I am not diving with a canister torch I ll use a pocket that mounts on the harness and backplate. It works well providing good access but not increasing your profile in the water and never dangles/tangles etc.

     

    http://www.halcyon.net/bc/accessories

     

    If I have loose filters etc I ll slip them in a notebook then into the pocket. Makes it easier to get to prevents scratching etc

     

    eg http://www.halcyon.net/essentials/notebook

     

    Apologies plugging Halcyon. I am in no way connected to them, it is just the gear that works for me. I am sure other manufacturers have alternatives eg agir-brokk, oms, etc

     

    Erol

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.