Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Smile!

Started by PauP ·

  • 18Posts
  • 18Replies

Read-only discussion

Smile!

18 posts
  1. A single grabbed shot on one of those guided procession night dives!

     

    PP%20Happy%20Moray.jpg

     

     

    Saved from the "maybes?" -Cropped from landscape to portrait then coloUr corrected.

     

    Aquatica housed Nik 90x,Kodak EBX100, AF 105, twin housed SB 25's

    Old Minolta Dimage scan Dual scanner :lol:

     

    PauP

  2. Ok for a WW newbee!

    :lol:

     

    Why EBX?

  3. ooh you Bitch!

     

    Good colours and cheap! £2. a roll

     

    I usually only shoot in the UK murk so what little colour we get, the EBX boost really helps. When ever I have dabbeled with other films I am always disapointed especialy with Velvia although I quite like the new Velvia 100 -looks sharp with nice colour but ....at twice the price of EBX.

     

    PauP

  4. Plus the new Velvia is not good for desktop scanning.

    I find the EBX too grainy though compared to the 100VS, but as you say it's cheap!

  5. Plus the new Velvia is not good for desktop scanning.

    Why not?

     

     

    I should have said comparably inexpensive.

  6. Something about the emulsion layering, and linearity - They told me this after I bought a hundred rolls!

  7. I don't do film any more, but I've shot hundreds of rolls of Fuji Provia 100, and the slides scanned very nicely in a Nikon Coolscan IV ED.

     

    I don't know if you UK chaps have something comparable, but in the U.S., some dealers sell "gray market" equipment and film. It's usually the same stuff as any dealer sells, but it was originally purchased abroad, then brought into the U.S. It's perfectly legal, but it costs substantially less. I used to buy Fuji gray market film from B&H for about 60% of the normal price.

     

    Just a thought.

     

     

    Jim

     

    :lol:

  8. Useful that Jim, expect an order soon! :lol:

  9. Bob

    A sample Velvia 100F, shot in Bonaire.

    Here is a completely untouched scan (apart from copyright)

    PP%20Yellow%20tail.jpg

     

    For a 300DPI section of this image then go here (364KB):

    http://www.aquapix.com/Temp%20images/PP%20...20300%20DPI.jpg

     

    I don't see any problems with these straight scans.

     

     

    PauP

  10. Plus the new Velvia is not good for desktop scanning.

    The new Velvia scanned up nicely for me. Here are some examples:

    Velvia 100 wide-angle shots

     

    I used a Nikon Coolscan IV

  11. I think it has something to do with the blues - Never got a straight answer, maybe I'll call Fuji UK on Monday.

     

    Love the ColoUr in that shot!

  12. Love the ColoUr in that shot!

    UnfUrtunatley its not true to the slide.

    A little dark and too much blue.

     

    Thanks anyway.

     

    PauP

  13. I should have copyrighted the "U". I see Paul has caught on.

     

    Please send commission cheques to me personally to pay for my next trip.

  14. Useful that Jim, expect an order soon!

    U can kiss my grits!

  15. Don't forget we still have yoUr President & a 14mm :lol:

  16. Don't forget we still have your President & a 14mm :lol:

    It does appear that you have all the cards right now.

     

    I think I'll send you my ex-wife too. And you don't have to send her back. HAHAHA

     

    :D

  17. :D No thanks, I'll stop at the hoUsing :lol:
  18. That's just like U...

     

    :rolleyes:

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.