Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Adobe "Camera Raw" Plug-In

Started by lindai ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Adobe "Camera Raw" Plug-In

9 posts
  1. I have been all over the web trying to get a definitive answer to this:

    1. does the Adobe "Camera Raw" plug-in work with Elements?

    2. does it support the Fuji S2 raw files?

     

    I think the answer to both is yes, but am not 100% sure.

     

    We have Photoshop CS, but I would like to use Elements. So I am looking for the plug-in to work with raw files in Elements ...

     

    Then my next question is where to get it, since it is no longer available on Adobe's web site since it was incorporated in Photoshop CS. Any ideas?

     

    Thanks, Linda

  2. 1. As of Elements 2 it does.

    2. Yes but version 1 supported the S2 poorly.

     

    Don't know how to get version 2 straight up. If you have CS installed, I'm certain you can copy the plugin from the CS directory into the Elements equivalent. I'd try it but I don't have Elements.

  3. Thanks for the response.

     

    Too bad that it supports the S2 poorly, but I was really only thinking of using it on a trip with Elements on a laptop rather than full-blown Photoshop, partly to review the histograms. Not to convert the files - I plan to leave them as raw until I get home. But I think I want an easy way to review histograms of the raw files and am struggling to figure out how to do that. The Fuji raw file converters don't show the histograms ......

     

    We tried copying the code from CS to Elements, and it didn't work. It said it was not compatible with this version of Photoshop Elements (we have 2.0) :lol:

  4. James can tell you more about the S2 problems. It may be suitable for what you are wanting.

  5. ACR 1.0 would be fine for viewing histograms, but don't use it from RAW image conversions. It will cost you $99 to view histograms though - surely you can do better than that using the Fuji EX2.0 RAF converter.

     

    You can purchase the ACR1.0 from Adobe's website if you really want to go that way. It requires a separate serial number to install.

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. Thanks, James.

    I researched the Fuji EX RAF converter, and couldn't find evidence that it shows the histogram for the raw files. Do you have it, and does it? If so, I agree that is a better way to go. I just don't want to have to convert the raw files to TIFF or anything else in order to see the histograms .......

     

    Regards, Linda

  7. Hi Linda,

     

    If you bought your S2 in the US, you should have gotten the EX converter software CD with your kit. Install that, and then go to the link posted in this forum to upgrade to EX2.0.

     

    With zero cost to you, it behooves you to give it a try, eh?

     

    PS, I tried replying to your email but it bounced.

     

    Cheers

    James

  8. I did purchase the camera in the US - US warranty, all aboveboard. But all I received was the LE converter ..... the "light version" ..... which doesn't show the histograms. And I can't figure out where to purchase the EX version (I think packaged with Hyper Utility). Again, I was all over the web trying to find where I can buy it.

     

    I am going in circles with this!

     

    Regards, Linda

  9. If you bought a "USA" camera and it didn't come with the RAW converter EX software, then you got "cheated" by the retailer. They either removed the CD from your kit, or they sold you a gray market camera.

     

    I'd be giving them a call right about now...

     

    You CAN also buy the software but I don't have a link handy.

     

    Cheers

    James

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.