Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Dalirium by Leandro Blanco

Started by stewsmith ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Dalirium by Leandro Blanco

10 posts
  1. As this 5 minute show reel has been talked about on the " An amazing evening with " topic, I thought it might be good to post a link to Leandro's youtube version. I am sure he wouldnt mind.

     

     

    Stew

  2. Embedded:

     

  3. Embedded:

     

    Would love to see this on the big screen, paying homage to that mad genius. I never appreciated how the scale adds to the appreciation of Dali until I went to the Dali museum in St. Petersburg, Florida.

    Only problem, there's not enough sexual psychosis to make it authentic.

    Edited by loftus
  4. Once again, Leandro displays a mastery of his genre. He is consistently incredible.

    Steve

  5. Once again, Leandro displays a mastery of his genre. He is consistently incredible.

    Steve

     

    He is so unique and a creative genius!

  6. He is so unique and a creative genius!

     

    Nice ... Unique? Maybe for underwater however this style of editing has been around for quite sometime :)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  7. Hey Dean,

    It has? I haven't seen a single uw video from any entries to the SDUFEX show or any of the competitions I have judged. For me, it is not so much the effects that he creates, as they can easily be duplicated by an experienced editor. For me, it is always that 'Why didn't I think of that?" which comes to mind when I see any of his films. The reason for that is that Leandro simply has the greater vision in addition to his skills as an editor and musician. He also has the perfect narrational voice which can't be duplicated. It's like a Jimi Hendrix tune, yeah a good guitarist can copy what Jimi played, but it was Jimi who created it and not the person who copies.

    Would love to see some examples of others doing this kind of work, maybe, somehow, that creative 'something' will sink into my brain.

    Steve

  8. Hey Dean,

    It has? I haven't seen a single uw video from any entries to the SDUFEX show or any of the competitions I have judged. For me, it is not so much the effects that he creates, as they can easily be duplicated by an experienced editor. For me, it is always that 'Why didn't I think of that?" which comes to mind when I see any of his films. The reason for that is that Leandro simply has the greater vision in addition to his skills as an editor and musician. He also has the perfect narrational voice which can't be duplicated. It's like a Jimi Hendrix tune, yeah a good guitarist can copy what Jimi played, but it was Jimi who created it and not the person who copies.

    Would love to see some examples of others doing this kind of work, maybe, somehow, that creative 'something' will sink into my brain.

    Steve

     

    As I said for underwater it probably is unique who knows I don't watch that many underwater films as I used to anymore? I've seen editing like this before loads of times isn't the start of the 'outer limits' series similar ??? I'm taking away any kudo's or dissing Leandro's work (just incase people think I am) as I do think the man's a genius and I do love the film, it's just the editing technique, for me, is not unique in filmmaking as a whole. Maybe I'm just a lover of the old school way of shooting wildlife films and not totally keen on the 'MTV' style 'fast and busy' editing.

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(once again treading on wetpixel eggshells)B

  9. No eggshells here; that's what honest discussion is all about and how we learn, and, yes, now that you mention it, the openings for the Twilight Zone(not sure on the Outer Limits, used many of the same techniques.

    Steve

  10. now that you mention it, the openings for the Twilight Zone(not sure on the Outer Limits, used many of the same techniques.

    Steve

     

    There have been a few films, music videos etc out there that have used the same editing style...

     

    No eggshells here; that's what honest discussion is all about and how we learn,

    Steve

     

    Not you personally bud :) there are elements out there that cannot take even the smallest critique of their heroes, friends, benefactors :)... At the end of the day we are all human and make mistakes... Cripes! You should see my Pike film :):)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.