Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Some more deep shipwreck HD footage

Started by northseaexplorers ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Some more deep shipwreck HD footage

5 posts
  1. We've uploaded some footage to:

     

    http://vimeo.com/16464648

     

    I've used Color rather extensively (and more than usual) to create that deep, dark, scary look and it looks fairly good on my screen although I'm guessing you guys can tell me what I have done wrong. :)

     

    I wish I had more patience and time when working with Color.

     

    Here's a frame grab from one of the clips showing before and after:

     

    5143371465_bd26865f39.jpg

     

    5143371735_acd3beff04.jpg

     

     

    Most of the footage is shot with the Sony PMW-EX1 exept for the last three clips which were recorded using a Sony HVR-Z1U.

    Edited by northseaexplorers
  2. I really like your videos. Really nice, steady movements with the camera, and great lighting. Especially impressive considering the task loading involved in those deep cold dives. You obviously plan your shoots thoroughly and that really shows.

  3. I really like your videos. Really nice, steady movements with the camera, and great lighting. Especially impressive considering the task loading involved in those deep cold dives. You obviously plan your shoots thoroughly and that really shows.

     

    Thanks Nick. We use a slightly negative scooter/DPV as a camera mount, which allows for great control over the camera and movement:

     

    5146206141_b008ebd8a7.jpg

     

    Maybe not the cheapest camera mount you can get but it get's the job done. :)

     

    There are some more photos from the trip here:

     

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44561640@N07/...57625180329803/

  4. Another amazing video!!! :)

  5. Very cool!!!

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.