Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica 6" dome for 10-17 Tokina

Started by petern ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica 6" dome for 10-17 Tokina

6 posts
  1. I am thinking of getting a 6" dome to use with the 10-17mm Tokina, on a D90 Aquatica housing, mainly for travel, already have 8".

    Pro's con's, Any thoughts? :)

  2. I am thinking of getting a 6" dome to use with the 10-17mm Tokina, on a D90 Aquatica housing, mainly for travel, already have 8".

    Pro's con's, Any thoughts? :)

    stick with the 8" dome bigger dome better resolution you wont be sorry!

  3. Aquatica now offers a 4 inch dome port as well, even better for lighting cfwa type shots, i would go for that one instead

  4. All far comments. I had/have the 8", but bought the 6" as well as I find the 6" a notably smaller package for tec dives. I was skeptical, but I have found the 2" reduction notable. I considered the 4", but the significantly higher cost and lens limitations steered me to the 6".

     

    Let it be clear though that my objective was an overall smaller package, not CFWA.

  5. I asked Jean from Aquatica the same question as he shoots the 6 inch dome. He recommend the 100mm (4 inch) mini dome to be the first dome to get after the 8 inch. Espcially if your shooting a Tokina 10-17 FE.

     

    Regards Mark

  6. I recently shot the 6" Dome with the 10-17 on spawning salmon, even used it for split shots. Very highly recommended as a first dome. But if you already have the 8" then a 4" might be a better choice.

     

    s.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.