Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

installing leak detector in Aquatica 7D housing?

Started by mcliffy2 ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

installing leak detector in Aquatica 7D housing?

13 posts
  1. Does anyone know how the Aquatica leak detector can be installed in the back of a 7D housing? The housing is too small for the detector chip to fit where shown in the instructions Aquatica provides, or anywhere else in the back.

  2. Shoot me a e-mail at jean@aquatica.ca and I will get you the info (pictorial) Monday

  3. Shoot me a e-mail at jean@aquatica.ca and I will get you the info (pictorial) Monday

     

    Just got a reply from Carolina at Aquatica. I think it makes sense now. Thanks!

  4. Shoot me a e-mail at jean@aquatica.ca and I will get you the info (pictorial) Monday

     

    Jean, maybe you should make that publicly available somewhere.... there are probably a few users, including me, that could do with the info.

     

    thanks

    darren

  5. Jean, maybe you should make that publicly available somewhere.... there are probably a few users, including me, that could do with the info.

     

    thanks

    darren

     

     

    Point taken, i'll see if I can put an illustrated section in the accessory section (where the accessory Moisture alarm would be found)

  6. Jean, maybe you should make that publicly available somewhere.... there are probably a few users, including me, that could do with the info.

     

    thanks

    darren

     

    Here is what I got from Aquatica:

     

    Here is how the alarm should go. If the one you have has Velcro underneath make sure you remove it.

     

    Picture 3708: Glue the sensor cable behind the board.

     

    Use the screws to place the board. If the cable for the LED is too long to reach the small groove on the back port you can glue it on the board as well. Bend the LED so that it goes in the groove.

     

    IMG_3711.jpg

  7. I'll integrate it in the website along with the other housing (some have diffrent placement), now is a good time since we have relaunched the new redesigned look, I want the site to have as much useful info as can be, sort of what I did with the "Aquatica Field guide to bulkhead connectors" which is a downlodable PDF from the website http://www.aquatica.ca/en/products_connectors.html, every section eventually will have more in depth PDF attachement for the curious ones (now who would that be among us :) )

  8. Related to the new Leak detector, dont understand the position of the new led, if it is not on the top view, (the top view faces the batt), how can I see that led, in the bottom view, with a closed housing?

  9. See that dimple to the right of the LCD? That's a recess in the window of the housing where you insert the LED into. That's how it comes from the factory. LED is easily visible when you close the housing. Same goes for installing the new Surveyor vacuum board.

     

    Cheers

     

    Stu

  10. The new Surveyor vacuum/moisture sensor is available with a separate LED attached to accommodate earlier housing version, the newer housings have a built in "lens" and dedicated area for this LED to transmit.

     

    post-1676-0-93764300-1411667240_thumb.jpg

     

     

    post-1676-0-09549800-1411667485_thumb.jpg

     

  11. Tks Jean, now is very clear, the question was because in the page there is no any model with the external led.

     

    Best Regards

  12. :o yeah, my bad, I kind of sped past that one. we are working on a document that will be posted on our website to better explain the difference.

     

    Our digital housing legacy can be traced as far back back as the Nikon D100 and D70 as well as the original Canon 300D /Digital Rebel, that's a lot of housings and a lot of possible combinations, and it needed to be addressed.

     

    the one you would need is the Type B with the LED attached on a wire, or better yet, a 19227-A7D which tell us what housing it is going to be used, so the wires length are trimmed perfectly for your model of housing, FYI, that is valid for all models of Aquatica housings,

     

    The generic model has somewhat longer wire leads so it can accommodate a variety of housings (including third parties).

  13. Hi I have the Aquatica housing for the 5D Mk3 with the Aquatica vacuum leak sensor.

     

    I'm having some problems with it - the light turns orange when I descend to 10m.

     

    If I remain at 5m there is no problem and the light stays green - even when I keep it unopened for 2 + days.

     

    But once I descend pass 10m the light blinks orange. The vacuum still remains intact. There is no water leak. Should I be worried?

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.