Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

NatGeo Great Migrations: Thoughts?

Started by Drew ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

NatGeo Great Migrations: Thoughts?

2 posts
  1. I saw the first episode of NatGeo's Great Migrations in HD and was totally overwhelmed by the topside shots with the Phantom HD camera shooting different animals at super high fps. Some of those shots were just gorgeous and amazing. The zebra chasing the cheetah cub in overcrank was just superb, as was the walrus fight scene and drakes taking off. I know the production used an assortment of cameras from the Red One to film for some shots.

    The one sequence I was slightly disappointed with was the Azores Sperm whales. A couple of shots had bubbles and even a smudge on the dome and they still included the shots in the cut. Have to say the sperm whales mating sequence was pretty magnificent. If you haven't caught this first episode, try watch it as it has some incredible sequences. Sure the Monarch butterfly segment was already done by the Beeb earlier this year. Then again, I'll never be sick of the crabs of Christmas Island or the great hunt by the crocodiles at the river crossing...especially at 400fps!

  2. I agree. The phantom scenes were ridiculous. The zebra chasing Cheetah was by far my favorite shot.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.