Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New Ikelite D100 Housing

Started by james ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

New Ikelite D100 Housing

6 posts
  1. Hi Gang,

     

    I have just received word from Ike that their new D100 housing is up on the web:

     

    http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/2dslr_d100.html

     

    Here is a hotlink to a shot from Ikelite's website:

     

    dd100_bigback.jpg

     

    It looks like a really nice compact and clear housing. I can't wait to give one a try.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Killer housing, I really like the way Ike’s housings let you see your camera, and controls in action. Kudos !

     

    P.S. Does this housing fit other cameras Fuji, Kodak etc. ?

     

     

    Marc

  3. Odd place for bulkhead. Seems like a dual sync cord would get in your way when you press your face against the back of the housing.

  4. Hi George,

     

    Well, it looks like Ike and his folks have decided to mount the camera to the back of the housing. With that in mind, they put the bulkhead connection as far away as humanly possible from the viewfinder. I don't think it will be an issue as the "black lump" can just be bent over to the left and tied off to the tray or something...

     

    We'll just have to wait and see how it works out. I think it would be really nice of the Ike folks could mount the tray and camera to the front of the housing, or at least have a slide-in tray (like with the Coolix 990). That would make this a non-issue. It could/would also make the camera more easy to service (in my opinion).

     

    I don't know about the "average" shooter, but I like to take my card out and either swap, or reformat it if it's >50% full (which happens for me on MOST dives). The battery isn't such a big deal as it lasts all day on the D100.

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. I viewed the link but the pictures don’t show a clear side view of the back of the camera housing. Seem to me the Super Eye magnifier is protruding a inch or so passed the back plate ? This should help from pumping into the strobe bulk head connector if I’m correct.

     

    Marc

  6. Nice job Ike! nice and compact! Can you do that for the S2? :rolleyes:

     

    After that, how about making a 8" dome port? :)

     

    Chris

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.