Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Aperture 3.1 and OS 10.6.5

Started by loftus ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Aperture 3.1 and OS 10.6.5

5 posts
  1. Folks running Aperture should be sure to update to 3.1 and OS 10.6.5

    Aperure is incredibly fast with these upgrades.

    A little kink I noticed, is that when exporting to CS5 as my external editor, CS5 now must be in 64bit mode. CS5 Freezes up in 32 bit mode when exporting from Aperture just after CS5 opens. If you need to use CS5 in 32 bit you have to export the image to the desktop first and then open in PS

    Edited by loftus
  2. And we wonder why Apple and Adobe have verbal wars in public. You'd think Apple purposely does that just to screw with Adobe. And of course many plugins won't work with Adobe in 64bit mode. Good thing I threw out Aperture in favor of Capture One, which is so off the Apple radar, it just works!

     

    Does Aperture work with the D7000 NEF yet?

    Edited by Drew
  3. And we wonder why Apple and Adobe have verbal wars in public. You'd think Apple purposely does that just to screw with Adobe. And of course many plugins won't work with Adobe in 64bit mode. Good thing I threw out Aperture in favor of Capture One, which is so off the Apple radar, it just works!

     

    Does Aperture work with the D7000 NEF yet?

    Well it's really not a huge problem (at least for me), now that all the plug-ins I use are finally upgrading to 64-bit, I don't need to use CS5 in 32 bit much anymore.

    No for the D7000, I still have to use NX2 for RAW conversion before importing into Aperture, an extra step but not a deal breaker. Interestingly videos load without any issues, and for quick basic video editing for quick office use, works great. Also with the D7000 for the use in the office etc, I shoot JPEG which load to Aperture without a problem. I don't use PS in the office.

    But yes Apple do not seem to rush their RAW updates as Adobe does. :)

    For me these are minor issues as Aperture overall really just works for me, and it's very fast and stable right now.

    Edited by loftus
  4. Video is just H.264, so there shouldn't be any problems.

  5. Video is just H.264, so there shouldn't be any problems.

    Shows you what a video tard I am

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.