Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Anyone tried a D7000 in a D90 housing??

Started by Aussiebyron ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone tried a D7000 in a D90 housing??

9 posts
  1. Has anyone tried to fit a New Nikon D7000 in a Nikon D90 housing? I understand that a few control like video wont lineup but thought it would be interesting to see if it does.

     

    Cheers Mark

  2. The tripod screw was in the wrong place to go on the base plate of my D80 subal. But it is close enough to be worth a go with other brands.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  3. Thanks Alex,

     

    I have my Nikon D7000 in transit and have to wait until I get my hands on it and try out in my Aquatica AD90 housing and wondered if those that already have them tried in their housings with success.

     

    Regards Mark

  4. My D7000 arrived this morning and first thing I did was see if it fits into my Aquatica AD90 housing. Unfortunately the height of the main control dial stops the D7000 from going in and the base plate of the Ad90 is a fraction short.

     

    Can't wait until m Housing arrives!

     

    Regards Mark

  5. My D7000 arrived this morning and first thing I did was see if it fits into my Aquatica AD90 housing. Unfortunately the height of the main control dial stops the D7000 from going in and the base plate of the Ad90 is a fraction short.

     

    Can't wait until m Housing arrives!

     

    Regards Mark

     

    what housing to your order Mark?....

  6. what housing to your order Mark?....

     

    Hi Ckchong,

     

    I ordered an Aquatica housing as I already have Aquatica ports and domes.

     

    Cheers Mark

  7. I think a Nikon D7000 might be able to fit into a Ikelite D90 housing as it has alot more room around the housing and base plate...........?

     

    Cheers Mark

  8. In answer to the question..yes, I got mine a week last Saturday and had the same problem as Aussiebyron, I was hoping to get limited control in the AD90 but I couldnt even get it in even without the tray because of the mode dial height

  9. anyone know if it fits into the ikelite d90 housing??

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.