Hey Folks,
Not being a photographer and just a lowly videographer I really need some advice to help someone else from S. Africa who emailed me with this question. Not even sure if this is the correct forum to post this but would appreciate any help and advice I can pass along to her. She will be going to the Cocos Islands, Costa Rica in August and her question relates to that specific type of wide angle shooting.
"Hi Steve I really need some help here, am i am sure you will be more knowledgeable than I am. Not a lot of local help here.
I have a Nikon D40X with a Sea and seaand sea case RDX-D60
currently I have a macro lense 60mm and the standard 18-55 lens. with the standard port.
I think that perhaps a fish eye lens or wide angle would be great for cocos? What do you think?
I was think about something like Nikon 10.5mm but it needs to be autofocus on the lens for the D40x camera.
Not sure which optical dome but maybe part number 30104 sea and sea? or is there something better? Do I need an optical dome? or will an optical dome suit all lenses?
Really do not want to spend a fortune would the B and H
Sea & Sea CX 6" Compact Dome Port
Fit the housing i have? and would it be suitable for a fish eye - wide angle lens??
You can see I am confused help if you have time.
many thanks
Tricia"