Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Help with lenses and Ikelite Ports

Started by Oceantony ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Help with lenses and Ikelite Ports

3 posts
  1. I have an Ikelite housing Nikon rig. 10-20 mm lens I love it find out how to make zoom ring to work! 85 mm VR II macro I have both ports 6" dome and flat macro.

    I have a 18-125 Sigma lens that "I think it could be a good addition" But I will need to get buy its port. This lens I think it will give some nice wide angle 18 - 35 then at a longer focal length it does even according to its specification about .5m does macro. Should I buy the port for this lens.

    Please I want to hear all opinions!

    Thanks a lot

  2. I have an Ikelite housing Nikon rig. 10-20 mm lens I love it find out how to make zoom ring to work! 85 mm VR II macro I have both ports 6" dome and flat macro.

    I have a 18-125 Sigma lens that "I think it could be a good addition" But I will need to get buy its port. This lens I think it will give some nice wide angle 18 - 35 then at a longer focal length it does even according to its specification about .5m does macro. Should I buy the port for this lens.

     

    I checked out the reviews for this lens since I was not familiar with it. The reviews I saw were very mixed, with reports of softness, flare and other problems. It's just my personal opinion, but I tend to stay away from lenses that can do everything at all focal lengths. And I think the Sigma 18-125 was designed as a "one lens fits all situations" type of lens. I would advise that you not spend money buying a port for this lens. Instead I recommend the Sigma 17-70 which is a very good underwater lens and one that I have used myself.

     

    That's my two cents,

     

    Ellen

  3. The 17-70 sigma focuses very close and you can get a 1:2.3 macro shot.

     

    An 18-125 might have a few uses. Although I can get 1:1 with my af-105-vr I often shoot at 1-1.5 feet for small fish portrates. At .5 meter (20") you are not taking macro but you'll still get some interesting shots.

     

    Personally, however i would not house it.

     

    Tom

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.