Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

A short clip from a dive in Polish lake

Started by cardash ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

A short clip from a dive in Polish lake

2 posts
  1. Last time, with my dark cave diving clip, I promised another would be one with more light.

    So here it is.

    Two weeks ago I did a nice dive in one of the lakes in north east part of Poland. It`s autumn here so the flora is not so rich any more, but still, I was able to find something to focus on :)

     

    Max depth was about 10 meters (30ft), and it was a shinny day.

     

    As for some technical info: the water was very green and it was hard for me to white balance it.

    So I stayed on auto and later did color/contrast correction in final cut.

     

    In regards to shooting actual plants, no scuba divers, cave walls or wrecks etc... it`s not that easy :) Damn, they get shaky... so smooth cam was a lot of help. It did a magnificent job, and was really useful. When shooting on normal dive or large, wide objects I found it handled that rather poorly, but in this situation - it was really a perfect task to correct with a smooth cam.

     

    Enjoy!

     

    [vimeo]16879070[/vimeo]

     

    http://www.kardasz.net/734/piekna-suwalszc...zioro-pod-woda/

  2. Green water exists and is not bad in itself. I thought you did a good job with it. Here in San Diego, the water is always green so there would be no point in changing it to blue just for 'blue's' sake. Well done.

    Steve

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.