Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Need help fitting 105 mm in Subal housing

Started by Oceanus ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Need help fitting 105 mm in Subal housing

7 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I read in Alex Mustards reviews of D3 / D700 that the original Subal port for the AF-S VR 105 mm doesn´t leave room for a dioptre.

     

    1) Would anyone know if the 60 mm port (FP 75/4) + a 33 mm extension ring will allow a dioptre?

    2) Any recommendations for which dioptre to go for?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Christopher

  2. Hi

     

    I read in Alex Mustards reviews of D3 / D700 that the original Subal port for the AF-S VR 105 mm doesn´t leave room for a dioptre.

     

    1) Would anyone know if the 60 mm port (FP 75/4) + a 33 mm extension ring will allow a dioptre?

    2) Any recommendations for which dioptre to go for?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Christopher

     

    The original Subal port for the 105 mm VR can be modified to accommodate a diopter.

    I believe Subal has modified subsequent ports to allow room for a diopter on the 105mm lens.

    For a diopter I would suggest using a Nikon 5T or 6T.

     

    Elmer

  3. The original Subal port for the 105 mm VR can be modified to accommodate a diopter.

    I believe Subal has modified subsequent ports to allow room for a diopter on the 105mm lens.

    For a diopter I would suggest using a Nikon 5T or 6T.

     

    Elmer

     

     

    Thanks.

     

    I just got confirmed that the setup with the 33 mm extension will accommodate a diopter. Since I already have the port I´m going for that.

    Nikon 5T and 6T seem to be favored by many. I understand they are discontinued? Naive to ask if anyone have one for sale? :-)

     

    Christopher

  4. You should be able to pick up a 5T and 6T on EBay.

    Another consideration is a wet diopter like the Ion, Woody or SubSee.

  5. Thanks!

  6. You should be able to pick up a 5T and 6T on EBay.

    Another consideration is a wet diopter like the Ion, Woody or SubSee.

    Or you can get the Canon 500D or the Marumi +5. Same quality as the Nikons and still in production. Not to be confused with the much simpler diopters from Kenko et al.

     

    Bill

  7. Or you can get the Canon 500D or the Marumi +5. Same quality as the Nikons and still in production. Not to be confused with the much simpler diopters from Kenko et al.

     

    Bill

     

    I do not believe the 500D comes in a 62 mm size for the Nikor 105 mm VR.

     

    Elmer

    Edited by eyu
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.