Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Camera Housings

Started by bobthediver ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Camera Housings

3 posts
  1. I am looking at purchasing an Ikelite Underwater Camera Housing for Sony DSC-W290 Digital before I go to Belize in December. Is it completely necessary to get the strobe and wide lens? I am new to UW photography so I am just trying to get my feet wet so to say. Will the camera still produce good photos without the strobe and lens? Any tips on getting started will be greatly appreciated.

     

    Thanks,

    bobthediver

  2. Hi Bob,

    Checkout http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/ for some great info if your just starting out underwater. The easiest way to get good color in your shots is to hang a strobe on the side. The alternative is to stay very shallow or use a filter. If you want to show your friends how great it is under the surface a strobe is an important option. To answer your question directly; the camera will produce good photos without a stobe, they will just be different shades of blue and not represent what you remember.

     

    Good luck,

    Steve

  3. That is exactly what I needed. Cant thank you enough!

    Forever grateful - bob

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.