Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Help on Ikelite Sub Strobes

Started by nivla80 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Help on Ikelite Sub Strobes

2 posts
  1. Hey all,

     

    Apologies if this is a stupid question..

     

    I recently purchased a pair of DS-160's.. My question is, if I want to use the strobes in full manual mode, (i.e adjusting strobe outputs indiviually on each strobe), how do I do that? On the strobe itself? Or the housing conversion circuitry? I'm currently shooting a 5D2 in an Ikelite housing..

     

    When the housing circuitry is set to manual, I get to adjust the flash output there, but does it asjust output for BOTH strobes, or just the master?

     

    Completely lost as to how to manage this..

     

    Thanks for your input in advance!!

  2. Leaving the strobes on TTL will allow you to manually adjust the strobe power from the buttons on the housing (once you have selected manual mode on the housing buttons of course). In this case both strobes will fire at the same power; the slave will just echo anything the master does

     

    If you want to fire the strobes at different powers then you need to use the manual controls on each strobe. In this case it doesn't matter what the housing is set to. Its just a synch fire signal and any quench signal from the housing will be ignored by the strobes.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.