Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Reefnet Subsee diopter

Started by Aqua_soul ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Reefnet Subsee diopter

10 posts
  1. Just would like to get an idea of what the average waiting period is for this gear.

     

    Thanks

  2. Reefnet had a lot of issues finding a manufacturer that could provide the consistent quality they were after. I ordered mine last March and haven't seen it yet. I talked to them last week at DEMA and they were happy to tell me that they have finally got the problem solved and are seeing the units roll off the production line. As you can understand they have a very large backlog and will work through it as fast as they can. Hopefully Keri will jump in and give you a better answer. They have always been very responsive to my questions;

    mailto:info@reefnet.ca or they can be reached at ;

    1-888-819-REEF (US & Canada)

    1-905-608-9373 (International)

     

    Good luck,

    Steve

  3. I received the new M67 mount +10 Subsee magnifier last week. It is such a nice product from Subsee even after almost a year waiting since Reefnet demand high quality of their product and it is worth for the waiting indeed.

    Now I have total of the 2 small size (previous version) and one big size (new M67mount). Can't wait to use with my new Sealux SD700 housing.

    BTW, the new Subsee +10 magnifier is so "thick" !!!

    5204782740_d831fba80b_z.jpg5204781432_5c885eddc9_z.jpg5204182357_dc1a06f23d_z.jpg5204777496_c7f133bd11_z.jpg5204775768_892d991378_z.jpg

  4. Great Edmond, when are you going to get it in the water? Would love to hear what you think of it.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  5. Great Edmond, when are you going to get it in the water? Would love to hear what you think of it.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

    I was one of the early guinea pigs who got one of the first batch. Very nice optically if a bit heavy. I will post some shots from Ambon later this week.

    Bill

  6. After more than a year of struggling with poor-quality assembly facilities located all over the world, we've finally found a facility capable of consistently providing us the volume of perfect SubSee units that we require. Over the coming weeks, they will be producing/assembling hundreds of units, so our very lengthy backorder list should be fulfilled by mid/late January. We are shipping SubSee units out in chronological order as they arrive.

     

    As for your initial question, Aqua_soul, the "average waiting time" is both difficult to estimate, and somewhat irrelevant at this point, since we are no longer searching for or fighting with sub-standard assembly facilities... full-scale production is now underway.

     

    We appreciate the extraordinary patience and commitment that our customers have shown us through our frustrating production difficulties.

     

    post-3232-1290651936.jpg

    Canon 7D in Nauticam housing

    Ikelite DS160 mounted with a fiber optic micro snoot and gorillapod

    100mm lens @ F25, 1/200s, ISO 160

    +10 diopter SubSee

     

     

    Keri

  7. Hi,

     

    I had to wait one year, but I guess the post before explained why.

    The only weird thing is I paid it 350$, and I now find it at 150 euros on some other sites. :)

     

    Anyway, I couldn't test it because I can't dive right now, but from what I've test in my room it looks perfect.

  8. I didn't realise there were supply problems with these, as I have been looking at getting one.

     

    Keri, obviously it's vey variable, but, if I were to order a +10 with Ikelite modular adaptor, before the end of the year, would it be shipped out in time for a Mid march departure to Anilao?

  9. Autopsea - You paid $350 for a SubSee and a port adapter. Today, that same system would cost roughly $450-500. The 150 euros that you saw is for ONLY the SubSee. You actually saved over $100 by ordering so far back :)

     

    londonsean69 - Mid-march should not be a problem at all. If everything goes smoothly, we should have all backorders cleared out and have plenty of stock by the end of January. Contact us directly (info@reefnet.ca) so that we have an email record of your potential request, and we will add you to our backorder list.

     

    Keri

  10. Thank you for all the feedback and can't wait to receive mine! :)

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.