Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

HVX200 focus problem

Started by markyramone62 ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

HVX200 focus problem

1 posts
  1. I've been using a HVX200 / Equinox Pro10 rig shooting tourists swimming with Sealions and Southern Bluefin tuna. The subjects are unpredictable so there is little chance to compose shots. To keep things simple I keep the zoom wide and focus on infinity. Great results in standard def but now the demand for HD is increasing and I've found infinity doesn't work through the whole depth of field. HD needs careful focusing. Can anyone share their technique for shooting in HD on full wide zoom? I'd like to set and forget focus if possible as it's very hard to get a clear idea of sharp focus in the external LCD monitor. Is auto focus worth the risk?

     

    Mark.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.