I am looking for tips on wide angle photography in general but also...
I am using two strobes Ikelite DS-125 and 200 which works great for macro. I would love some tips on how to use them (or not) for wide angle photos
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by gorgipark ·
Read-only discussion
I am looking for tips on wide angle photography in general but also...
I am using two strobes Ikelite DS-125 and 200 which works great for macro. I would love some tips on how to use them (or not) for wide angle photos
Those strobes will work great!
Wide angle lighting technique could fill up a book, but I'll try to summarize briefly:
Point your strobes straight ahead on the end of some fairly long arms
Set your strobe power for the F-stop and ISO that you are shooting, and distance to the subject (use the chart on the strobe to set it).
For black subjects, use a little more strobe power than recommended and for silver, use a LOT less.
For close focus wideangle, move your strobes back, instead of aiming them in.
There you go, wideangle technique in three lines...lol
Cheers
James
I would also like to add, if you want to get a decent blue water background, measure the available light about mid water. In other words look up toward the surface, but not right at the sun. In clear water it is usually somewhere around f8-f11 at ISO 50 when there is full sunlight. then look at your strobe exposure chart and figure out what the distance is at f8-f11. Your subject should be about this far away from the stobe for good fill lighting. If your are too close and your stobe is going to put out more light than the ambient light, just power it down. Finally brackett...brackett...brackett.
Keith
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.