Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Cheap camera & housing for GWS at Guadalupe.

Started by scubaseven ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Cheap camera & housing for GWS at Guadalupe.

4 posts
  1. I am looking at a cheap camera and housing for shooting pics of great white sharks at Guadalupe next October.

    It will be a back up/2nd rig on top of my Sony HC9 video camera/housing.

     

    I am looking at a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX5 and Ikelite housing.

     

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/7154...tal_Camera.html

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/7373...ct_Housing.html

     

    I am wondering would a flash/light be any good?

    Most shots will be at only 1-2 metres with some down to 7-10 metres.

    Would 2 be better than 1?

     

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5292...elite_4035.html and

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5292...ite_4035_1.html or

     

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4418...be_DS_51_w.html

     

    Any other tips/info?

    cheers

  2. Also, does anyone know how many photos you could take with this camera before the battery would be low?

  3. Also, does anyone know how many photos you could take with this camera before the battery would be low?

     

    I'd taken about 180 shots and a few minutes of Full-HD video with one charge. In a battery duration test, I recorded 38 minutes of continuous Full-HD video before exhausting the battery.

  4. I'd taken about 180 shots and a few minutes of Full-HD video with one charge. In a battery duration test, I recorded 38 minutes of continuous Full-HD video before exhausting the battery.

     

    Cheers.

    Prob about half a day in the cage then.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.