Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic TS2 vs Canon D10

Started by Running Man ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic TS2 vs Canon D10

3 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I'm trying to make as informed decision as possible about getting either the Canon D10 or Panasonic TS2, I've weighed up plenty other options (Pentax W90, Sony, Olympus, & Fuji) but these two seem to consistently have good / better reviews... now to decide on one.

     

    It's water purposes would be used mainly for snorkeling, and paddling / river kayaking etc - on top which it needs to be dragged up cliffs and over mountains. Have always had Canon's so trying not to be biased, the clunky unpractical shape is a big deterrent, especially for helmet mounting for paddling, think its going to pull the helmet over my eyes!

     

    Both seem to have as good an image quality as each other as can be expected for u/w point-&-shoots, though the ts2 video seems better...

     

    Any pearls of wisdom (or comparisons of shots to show image quality) that you have to share would be greatly appreciated.

     

    Eric

    Edited by Running Man
  2. I've been screwing around with a TS2 for a few months now, including snorkeling in kona.

     

    It has wider angle, and much better shutter lag the the d10, which is why I bought it.

     

    It is fun, and works fine.

  3. I've had the D10 for a couple of years now and can't fault it, gives great photos and is tough as boots :)

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.