Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Mini rant on Adobe Customer Service

Started by cdoyal ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Mini rant on Adobe Customer Service

10 posts
  1. I just asked Adobe about a version of ACR that supports the D7000 for use with CS4. They replied that I had to pay for the information if I wanted it. They didn't phrase it that way but you know what I mean. I can understand if someone asked them how to use the product but this is a simple question. Am I out of line to expect this answer for free from them?

  2. I just asked Adobe about a version of ACR that supports the D7000 for use with CS4. They replied that I had to pay for the information if I wanted it. They didn't phrase it that way but you know what I mean. I can understand if someone asked them how to use the product but this is a simple question. Am I out of line to expect this answer for free from them?

     

     

    Looks like it is CS5

     

    From Adobe

     

     

    From A Blog Take a look at the info on the blog.

     

    Looks like you need the DNG Convertor

     

    (I shoot Canon, so not 100% sure on this. And I take PayPal if needed :) ) Kidding aside, all the companies have different rules on when they expect payment for information/support. Thankfully with place like WP, you can often find answers quickly and easily with less hassle and cost. HTH.

  3. Unfortunately, they want everyone to go to Adobe.com for the info so they can downsize the customer phone support or move it to India/Philippines etc.

  4. Unfortunately, they want everyone to go to Adobe.com for the info so they can downsize the customer phone support or move it to India/Philippines etc.

     

    Based on the two humans I spoke with today, they already have moved their support far, far away. A LOT was lost in translation but at least they tried to help and that's what counts. They said it will probably only be supported with CS5. I'll try the DNG converter route.

     

    Thanks for all your help guys!

  5. There is no way the D7000 will be supported with CS4 - as a direct RAW conversion. Any camera that is released after a new edition of Photoshop won't be supported by an older edition. You can use DNG workarounds - but this is a PITA for lots of images.

     

    I have been processing D7000 raws on Lightroom 3.3 RC and CS5 (using Camera RAW, again RC).

     

    I found using there online chat help is the only way of getting good responses from Adobe. They have been excellent at sorting out issues with transferring licences etc. But never pick up a phone to them - total waste of life!

     

    Alex

  6. Adobe RAW 6.3 just released and has support for D7000 for CS5.

    Edited by Drew
  7. There is no way the D7000 will be supported with CS4 - as a direct RAW conversion. Any camera that is released after a new edition of Photoshop won't be supported by an older edition. You can use DNG workarounds - but this is a PITA for lots of images.

     

    I have been processing D7000 raws on Lightroom 3.3 RC and CS5 (using Camera RAW, again RC).

     

    I found using there online chat help is the only way of getting good responses from Adobe. They have been excellent at sorting out issues with transferring licences etc. But never pick up a phone to them - total waste of life!

     

    Alex

     

    I downloaded the new DNG converter and it will work - for now. I usually upgrade every other release and upgraded from CS2 to CS4 when it was available. Guess I'll have to make it work until CS6.

  8. I had a recent issue with Adobe's technical support and eventually managed to speak with their Dutch office who resolved the problem. Their European tech confessed that Adobe's overseas (Indian) tech service is outsourced and is highly problematical...

  9. I had a recent issue with Adobe's technical support and eventually managed to speak with their Dutch office who resolved the problem. Their European tech confessed that Adobe's overseas (Indian) tech service is outsourced and is highly problematical...

     

     

    I've used Photo Mechnic as a prime for a number of years,its my back up now, as long you keep it up to date it will open anything.

  10. I passed this thread on to my contact at Adobe headquarters and will let you know of any replies.

    Steve

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.