Not for photos, but for website work, for a smaller company. About 8 months since my first invoice, 10 months since I first did any work for him.
He went MIA on me for a while, and then when I finally talked to him, the story I got was his investors bailed on the company, without putting up the money for a lot of unpaid bills.
And in this "wonderful" economy, he seems to be the only client who has any work for me right now. We already agreed to 100% up front on any work I do. I was also thinking of taking it a step further, and taking it very small task by small task, and tell him I also want a percentage on top of what I estimate for each thing, to go towards the unpaid work.
On the other hand, I'm sick working in front of a computer all day anyway. And I'm thinking, if he has the money to pay me up front for future work, then why not just start paying me what you owe me in the first place?
What do you think? Should I continue working for this guy under the terms above, should I take him to small claims, should I request his investors names and info, so I can try going after them? Should I yank everything down? Yeah, I still have logins for everything, which is the only thing that makes me believe his story.
Oh yeah, and the shady part, I have no idea what the company's address is! I have a website, fb page, twitter, phone numbers, emails, but no address. I've been googling like crazy and just can't find one. Yeah, probably my own fault for not at least getting a deposit up front, and that info, but this client was pawned off on me by someone I used to work with, so I figured I could trust the guy.