I just heard that Dr Elke Bojanowski is on her way from Hurghada to Sharm and that CDWS are assembling a team of experts - http://www.cdws.travel/chamber-news.aspx?id=46
A team of experts and Eric Ritter.
Read-only discussion
I just heard that Dr Elke Bojanowski is on her way from Hurghada to Sharm and that CDWS are assembling a team of experts - http://www.cdws.travel/chamber-news.aspx?id=46
A team of experts and Eric Ritter.
I feel so relieved that Erich Ritter is on the case.
WizbowesPeople's livelihoods and potentially the tourist's safety is under fire now, not to mention the sharks in the area. Don't you think it'd be a good idea to forgo the Ritter roasting in this thread? Please feel free to start a new topic on Ritter if you wish.
While Wizbowes said it rather tounge in cheek I don't think the sentiment behind his words is any less valid and its perfectly reasonable to comment on this. Involving Eric Ritter on any panel of 'shark experts' only serves to diminish the credibility of that panel in many people's eyes and distracts from the real issue at hand which you highlight above.
I've split the thread so you all can talk about Erich all you want without detracting from the Sharm issue. ![]()
Didn't know who Eric Ritter was until these posts on the forum, so I looked him up- thanks to the miracle of google.
I feel he is certainly living proof that no matter how much we try to predict or humanise mother nature's modus operandi- she will always find a way to surprise us...and sometimes with tragic consequences.
(Look what happened to that poor guy who died on a Jim Abernethy trip??
Or Timothy Treadwell- r.i.p.??)
:-(
Three experts are arriving in Sharm. Erich Ritter is contributing his expertise from Florida. This is probably a wise plan.
Apparently a Bull shark was over heard saying he "loved Erich Ritter" however he "Couldn't eat a whole one"
Dive safe
DeanB
Well here's your real answer; it's the Israelis. Maybe Erich Ritter has to stay home because his name sounds too Jewish.
Wonder if any of these 'experts' are from the UN? ![]()
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/07/eg...y-shark-attack/
Apparently a Bull shark was over heard saying he "loved Erich Ritter" however he "Couldn't eat a whole one"
Dive safe
DeanB
![]()
Well Dean- he does happen share the same surname with a very tasty bar of German Chocolate.
Do sharks eats chocolate?
ps. Loftus- you could be on to something....
Can somebody explain what's wrong with Erich Ritter and/or his participation?
Chris
Can somebody explain what's wrong with Erich Ritter and/or his participation?Chris
He is the Steve Irwin of shark "experts."
He is the Steve Irwin of shark "experts."
Yeah, it didn't work out to well for Steve either when it came to one of the sharks first cousins the stingray.
Having been closely linked to Eric Ritter's exploits at and before the time he was bitten at Walker's Cay I can say that it wasn't a matter of predicting animal behavior but instead the blind ego of a "shark expert wannabe" who repeatedly did things with sharks akin to someone playing chicken on a freeway full of speeding trucks in the middle of a heavy fog. Everyone knew Eric was going to get bitten and his "event" came as no surprise. Eric Ritter's Ph.D. has ABSOLUTLELY NOTHING TO DO WITH SHARKS. In the shark world Eric is a shameless self-promoter who will walk across anyone, friend or foe, to get what he wants. He sold out his biggest ally Gary Adkison of Walker's Cay fame by trying to illegitimately shift the blame for his shark bite incident onto Gary. In fact, Gary's military medic training and professionalism saved Eric's life. There's no question that Eric's charm, Swiss accent and seemingly authoritative demeanor is well hewned, but knowing him personally, knowing his M.O. and knowing many people he's burned, I'm surprised that after so many years of this crap he's still able to con people into believing he's relevent.
I think it's interesting that he's attaching himself to an oceanic white tip issue. Years back when I was working on a film project connected to Eric I remember him saying that "oceanic white tips don't bite people". Since I'm a WWII history buff I asked him about the shark attacks of the crew of the USS Indianapolis. He replied "It's all bullshit". I'm sure the survivors of the Indianapolis would beg to differ.
Didn't know who Eric Ritter was until these posts on the forum, so I looked him up- thanks to the miracle of google.I feel he is certainly living proof that no matter how much we try to predict or humanise mother nature's modus operandi- she will always find a way to surprise us...and sometimes with tragic consequences.
(Look what happened to that poor guy who died on a Jim Abernethy trip??
Or Timothy Treadwell- r.i.p.??)
:-(
I can't wait for Wikileaks to get around to Sharm... ![]()
Tim
![]()
I notice that CDWS press releases are now referring to 'three' shark experts rather than 'four' experts.
I notice that CDWS press releases are now referring to 'three' shark experts rather than 'four' experts.
I couldn't see the others being happy to sit alongside Eric. In his book on shark behaviour he opines that a shark will either swim up to you and pass you or it might bite you. He's obviously an expert. He told me that sharks don't attck him because he drops his heart-rate. Well, not that time, Eric!
I couldn't see the others being happy to sit alongside Eric. In his book on shark behaviour he opines that a shark will either swim up to you and pass you or it might bite you. He's obviously an expert. He told me that sharks don't attck him because he drops his heart-rate. Well, not that time, Eric!
![]()
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.