At the moment recalling divers is a problem - especially in areas of significant boat activity. I've looked into Thunderflashes but they are expensive and apparently they can be too effective and can hurt the eardrums (so I have been told). Has anyone got any suggestions or solutions which they have found effective?
- 11Posts
- 11Replies
Read-only discussion
Diver Recall Systems
-
-
At the moment recalling divers is a problem - especially in areas of significant boat activity. I've looked into Thunderflashes but they are expensive and apparently they can be too effective and can hurt the eardrums (so I have been told). Has anyone got any suggestions or solutions which they have found effective?
Are you talking about a way to recall divers that are underwater or for divers who surface away from the boat, ie lost divers?
-
A method to recall divers from underwater if the boat needs to get them to surface - not needed very often but on occasion it can be important.
-
A method to recall divers from underwater if the boat needs to get them to surface - not needed very often but on occasion it can be important.
Out here they simply use 3 repetative bangs on boat ladder with a weight....got everyone out during the Shark incident....however the boat traffic here is fairly static.....
-
Only works if they are not too far and not behind massive obstacles I guess.
-
At the moment recalling divers is a problem - especially in areas of significant boat activity. I've looked into Thunderflashes but they are expensive and apparently they can be too effective and can hurt the eardrums (so I have been told). Has anyone got any suggestions or solutions which they have found effective?
Most Ventura boats have things that sound like a car alarm. I don't know the maker of them but they sure do attract the sea lions.
Bill
-
Broken wind? My fiancee could help there. hehe...
-
Oi !!!!!!!! GET BACK TO THE FLIPPIN BOAT!!!
Dive safe
DeanB
-
At the moment recalling divers is a problem - especially in areas of significant boat activity. I've looked into Thunderflashes but they are expensive and apparently they can be too effective and can hurt the eardrums (so I have been told). Has anyone got any suggestions or solutions which they have found effective?
I have been recalled a few times with thunderflashes......it didn't hurt, but then I was around 100m away. I wouldn't want to be close mind...... Was it effective? Very - it left no doubt in my mind that the dive was over and the supervisor wanted me up and back on the RIB.
-
I have been recalled a few times with thunderflashes......it didn't hurt, but then I was around 100m away. I wouldn't want to be close mind...... Was it effective? Very - it left no doubt in my mind that the dive was over and the supervisor wanted me up and back on the RIB.
That's very useful - two incidents have happened which make me think that I need to carry something to use for diver recall - one was unforgivable as the boat ran out of fuel!!! It was the first and last time we used this boat (there were no others available) as obviously we will NEVER use this boat again. The other happened to a friend who was boat handling when a fog bank developed an rolled quickly towards him - he had to get his divers up in a hurry and fortunately both pairs had delayed SMBs up so he could do so but if it had been earlier in the dive there would have been problems.
My problem now is finding enough people who want thunderflashes as I can only buy a minimum quantity (32!).
-
Oi !!!!!!!! GET BACK TO THE FLIPPIN BOAT!!!
Dive safe
DeanB
its the only way Dean
