Upgrading to a D7000 rig, looking to kit (ports, gears etc) everything out in one go, so looking for some advice
What I've got: 10.5vr, 10-17, 60d, 105vr, 105d, 1.4x Kenko tc, 2x z220s
1) Any suggestions for a mid range/shark lens? 10-24/12-24? 16-35/17-35? or any others? All things being equal, I'm considering the non DX lenses as I also shoot (sparingly) some full-frame topside, but if the DX lenses are clearly better underwater I will probably go with that.
2) regarding strobes, I am guessing my old z220s won't be able to do S-TTL via fiberoptic. I figure to still use manual flash settings on wideangle but would like to get S-TTL for macro. Since I already have Z220s, would a pair of S2000s complement my setup better than just upgrading to Z240? I'm also contemplating just waiting it out with my 220s - a bit concerned a new batch will come out that makes more sense for video somehow (not that I am into it yet but just in case). Any thoughts here?
3) I currently use sync cords on my old system but intend to switch to optical - is it worth bothering to get the connectors/bulkheads on my new housing if I mostly intend to use Inon (and thus optically triggerable) strobes going forward? I've had horrible experience with faulty sync cords in the past so have been looking forward to switching to optical, but wondering: will I miss having a hardwire at all?